Pupil Premium funding is worth over £1000 per eligible child. This money comes into our academy budget and is used in a variety of ways to maximize the educational experiences of our children.
We have noticed that, with the Government initiative of Universal Free School meals for all children in Reception and Key Stage 1, the number of parents seeking this additional funding has reduced significantly. This has a huge impact on the opportunities that we can offer to all our children.
Finding out if your child is able to gain this extra funding for school is really easy.
If you are in receipt of any of the following your child is entitled to help the school with this additional funding:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Is your child eligible for Pupil Premium Funding?